Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Le Petit Project for November

Hooray!!  Today is the Novemeber Le Petite Parade over at The Pink Pincushion and A Quilting Life.  As always, everyone did a beautiful job.  I love seeing all of the different results that come from the same pattern. 

This month's pattern was Butter Churn by This and That Patterns:


I really liked the "Greek Square" and ribbon ends blocks, but for some reason, I just wasn't feeling the HST blocks around the border.  After playing around with the blocks in Electric-Quilts-6, here is my take on the quilt:

I just mirrored what were the "Ribbon V's" so that were "X's" instead, and then added a couple of extra Greek Square blocks so that everything was symmetrical.


I had originally planned to use the cream color background print in the middle of the Greek Square units again, but my Awesome layer cake came with so many great cream prints that I decided to include a few to offset the squares and break up the white a bit.


Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to quilt and bind it before today's submission deadline ... (hopefully this isn't going to become a habit with all of my Le Petite projects!!!!), so I can't count it towards my stash busting.  Bummer! Especially since my stash report is about to get out of control with all the post-Thanksgiving-Day sale fabric that is headed my way this week.

I'm taking a little break from my sewing machine this weekend, before I have to hunker down and finish all my super-secret Christmas gifts, but I'm hoping to start a new knitting project today (or two ... darn Ravelry has way too many cute projects!!!!), so maybe I'll have some new pictures to share soon.  Until then, happy sewing!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

I love your version of the Butter Churn pattern. Very clever use of the cream prints from that family, I have to agree, the hst border detracts from the butter churn blocks, good call on your part and great job overall.

I have this pattern, I think it would make a great center for a medallion quilt, I hope to get to it soon.