Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's a slow weekend ...

... but not quite by choice.  Thursday night, I had an unfortunate run-in with some peanuts.  Hubby brought home some Thai take-out from a restaurant on the way home from the office.  He has eaten there several times and we even had lunch there together earlier this week without any problems.  Each time he's been there, Hubby was assured that there were no peanuts in the yellow curry.  They said that it was perfectly safe for me to eat their food!

Well, Thursday night, they apparently switched up their recipe ... and added peanuts, just for fun ... and my face swelled up like Will Smith's in Hitch ... and we had to rush off to the hospital before I stopped breathing all together ... since all my EpiPens were expired ...


We ended up in the creepy, ghetto ER in Sacramento - if you live in the area, you know exactly which one I'm talking about - and four hours later came home with orders to take Prednasone and Benedryl for the next couple of days.  Taking Prednasone is what I can only imagine taking speed is like.  It's a steriod that makes you all dizzy, jittery, and makes it feel like your heart is beating out of your chest.  Taking Benedryl at the same times makes all those symptoms feel like they're happening in slow motion.

So, since I'm too tweaked out to sew, I picked up my crochet hook and made some Trinity Stitch cotton washcloths.  I can't believe how quickly these little guys come together!  I love the Trinity crochet stitch because it goes so quickly - the pattern is really easy to memorize, which means you don't have to pay a ton of attention to what you're doing!  The resulting washcloth has just enough texture to give a nice scrub (without all the bulk of the popcorn stitch) but is soft and gentle at the same time.  And the best part is that with the nice cotton yarn, the more you wash them, the softer they get!

If you're interested in a little weekend crocheting, here's the pattern!  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/trinity-stitch-washcloth

1 comment:

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

That was a scary episode and no fun whatsoever and I'm glad you're OK now.