Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dangerous!!

Earlier this week, little man and I ventured across town to visit ... the Hobby Lobby.  Wow!  Let me just say that that place is dangerous!  They have way toooooo many fun things that are just dying to hop in your shopping cart and come home with you!

Maybe I was tired ... or maybe I was expending too much energy trying not to laugh out loud at my little bug who was doing his screechy best imitation of two real-housewives-y gals in the next isle that were just a little too excited about an amazing{ly tacky ginormous} chandelier to hang over their teenager's bed ... for the record, I wasn't the only one in the store trying not to laugh at these gals, but I digress ..

... but I was able to finally leave the store with a few modest purchases!


Ever since my embroidery class last year, I've been wanting to try my luck with some flour-sack towels.  I just happened to come across this cute little set of Aunt Martha's Superb Herbs and decided to stitch a couple up for hubby's grandmother's birthday this weekend.  I was only able to finish one, but I think it turned out well!


I used an outline stitch for the lettering and a plain 'ol backstitch for the picture.


It was such a quick and easy little project that I'm looking forward to working on a few more.  Happy sewing this weekend!!


1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I'm so glad you found wonderful things at H-L. My daughter and I went to one today and came out empty handed. ;-(