Thursday, September 13, 2012

Autumn Ohio Star Wallhanging or Table Topper

Autumn is definitely my favorite season!  Davis Ranch has tons of great fall veggies, fresh corn, and they should be getting ready to harvest pumpkins any day now.  Apple Hill is gearing up for another season of yummy apples, baked goodies, and fun crafts.  And, of course, it's almost Big Crush season in Amador County wine country!  All the leaves are changing colors and all our favorite wineries are gearing up to release their latest wines.  Hooray!

Around our house, we're finally catching our breaths from the frenetic summer season,  Last week, Aiden and I braved their airport, all on our own for the very first time, to visit my ailing grandfather in southern California.  It was an unexpected trip and I came home in a bit of a tired, melancholy fog.  After a few days of lounging in our PJs, I sought comfort in my little sewing room and {after a quick trip to JoAnn's} settled in for some fall sewing!

With as scattered as I feel I've been the last few weeks, I've happily been able to focus long enough to finish several projects.  I should have pictures to share soon!

In the meantime, I'd like to introduce ....


This pattern is fat quarter and scrap-drawer friendly, and features a traditional Ohio Star quilt block along with fall leaf appliques and pinwheel blocks.  It's a perfect foray for new quilters and a quick, festive project for experienced quilters!

The pattern is available on Craftsy and Etsy.


No comments: