Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy Wedneday

Happy Wednesday!  We've had a busy week around our house with lots of exciting news to share over the next couple of weeks!  In the meantime, I just wanted pop by and share my first finishes of the year!  My t-shirt quilt project was actually finish #3, but I'm a little behind in my posts!

First up is my Aster Manor quilt, made using Miss Rosie's "Mon Ami" Schnibbles pattern.


The quilt top, itself, was finished back in February of 2011, and has been hanging ever since in my closet, waiting for me to figure out how I wanted to quilt it!


The quilt top and the fabric were both busy enough that, in the end, I decided that some simple horizontal lines would suit it best.


I chose a simple chocolate-colored solid for the binding - love, love, LOVE those solid bindings that are so popular right now!  The quilt is currently available in the shop.

Finish #2 for 2013 is a cute little crib blanket using Cherish Nature by Deb Strain.  I originally came across the coin-sized scraps while I was on my cleaning rampage last month.


I was able to use all of my scraps to make up "stacked coins" columns in two different widths, and separated each column with a thin strip of a nice, neutral background fabric.


Since the background strips were so narrow, however, I quickly realized when I went to assemble the whole quilt top that going with a "quilt-as-you-go" method was going to be the best way to get things together without distorting my columns.  I'm so happy with the way it turned out!


I used my favorite turquoise print from the line as the binding - I just love how it adds a pop of spring to the whole project.  This quilt is also available in the shop.


No comments: